Press and awards
Relax Guide SPA Award 2019
Award by RELAX Guide with 2 lilys and 16 of 20 points. Read more »
Best of Award of Excellence
The New York-based specialist wine magazine "Wine Spectator" has honoured the wine list at Badhotel Sternhagen with the "Award of Excellence" since many years. Read more »
Thalasso & Spa Europa Quality Seal
The examination was conducted under the supervision of a publicly appointed and certified expert for wellness facilities and wellness concepts by a medical examiner with thalasso experience and special training ... Read more »
The Badhotel Sternhagen impresses visitors not only with its setting – directly by the North Sea, beach, the Weltschifffahrtsweg (area where the boats dock) and the UNESCO world heritage site the Wadden Sea, but also its many awards which have reinforced the good reputation of this five star superior hotel. [...] Read more »
5 stars superior
In addition to luxurious, high-quality furnishings, the "five-star superior" category stands for an extraordinary service offering that has been quality tested by the mystery guest check.
For 30 years one of the 50 best hotels in Germany.
As our guest, you have a right to the very best quality of service. In order to indicate this to the public, we have undergone certification with the ServiceQualität Deutschland cooperative association that looks at service quality in Germany.
Awards at a glance:
Awards for our "Sterneck" panorama gourmet restaurant
- Michelin: 1 star
- Gault Millau: 2 red hoods - "high level of culinary art, creativity and quality - outstanding in its category"
- Feinschmecker: 3 "F"
- Schlemmer-Atlas: 4 cooking spoons
- Varta: 4 diamonds - "Qualitatively sophisticated and creative dishes, exquisite wine selection, lavish restaurant décor"
- Der große Restaurant & Hotel GUIDE: 4 chef's hats - "excellent restaurant, outstanding in its category".
Service performance: 4 diamonds - "excellent", wine offer: 3 wine grapes "excellent".
- Gusto: 8 Gusto pans (out of 10) tendency ascending, 3 cutlery - "upscale restaurant with high comfort and excellent service, very good facilities and an extensive wine list".
Awards for our "Schaarhörn" panorama restaurant
- Schlemmer Atlas: 2.5 cooking spoons
- Varta Guide: 2 diamonds - "Very good cuisine, friendly service, well-kept setting".
- Der große Restaurant & Hotel GUIDE: 2 chef's hats "upscale restaurant".
Service performance: 3 diamonds, very good, wine offer: 3 wine grapes excellent
Awards for our EIX - Bar, Lounge & Bistro
- Schlemmer-Atlas: 1,5 cooking spoons
Awards for our "Weinkeller in der Düne" ("The wine cellar in the sand dunes")
- Wine Spectator, New York: Best of Awards of Excellence
- Eurostars Germany/ DeHoGa Germany: 5 stars superior
- Service Quality Germany
- Schlummer Atlas
- Der große Restaurant & Hotel GUIDE: 5 stars - "Luxurious hotel with absolutely perfect comfort
Sophisticated wellness & beauty offer, outstanding in its category"
- Varta: 4 diamonds - "excellently managed hotel with elegant furnishings, where you will feel completely at home"
- Hornstein Ranking: among the 100 best hotels in Germany
- Trebing Lecoste: 4 S - "luxury hotel with excellent service
- German Hotel Guide of DeHoGa: 5 stars superior
- Gault Millau: Luxury
- Hideways Hotel 2022/2023: Luxury
- Fallstaff Hotel Guide 2023: excellent, 92 out of 100 stars
- RELAX-Guide: 2 lilies, 16 points "Exceptional"
Sternhagen: Synonymous for Outstanding Hospitality
Nordsee-Zeitung, 16th November 2005
Read more »
"Relaxation for mind and body - with style"
(Freizeit Direkt, January 2015)
"Why wander afar when there's good so close to home"
(Spa highlights, September 2014)
"A pearl by the North Sea"
(Hamburg-Magazin publication, May 2014)
"...our favourite by the North Sea: an absolute rarity directly on the shores of the Wadden Sea, a wonderful establishment where the flame of good hotel virtues still burns extremely brightly."
(RELAX Guide 2010)
"...A wellness oasis by the Wadden Sea. ...the magical, classical, Hanseatic aura - not trendy, but timeless.
(Hamburger Abendblatt, February 2010)
"...This is not the first time we have visited"..."here we can rely on exclusivity and the high quality standard, meaning that we always enjoy visiting and reporting on our stay."
(Peter von Sassen, NDR, March 2009)
“… Time-honoured diamond of a hotel… A beautiful place at any time of the year.”
(Relax Guide, Publishing House Christian Werner, 2008)
“... an impressive family-owned and operated hotel at a fair price for the facilities. A real rarity.”
(Relax Guide, Publishing House Christian Werner, 2005)
“… Every comfort at the highest level.”
(Der große Restaurant & Hotel Guide 2008)
“... you will only find, but a few hotels who make you feel so much at home and comfortable like this one. This is because the Sternhagen’s philosophy is sheer luxury, enjoyment and wellbeing, so it does not need to be presented as a fairytale.”
(Schleswiger Nachrichten, 12th March 2005)
“... the body, mind and soul are not only brought into perfect harmony through the fantastic location of this hotel but also the special atmosphere of this house which lifts the spirits of each guest who always receives personal attention.”
(Hannoversche Allgemeine, 8th January 2005)
“A Wellness Oasis on the edge of the mud flats.”
(DER FEINSCHMECKER, special edition no.8, 2005)
“Many hotels have lost their virtues over time, but those virtues are still preserved here today, in this hotel.”
(The Trebing-Lecost Hotel & Restaurant Guide 2005)
“The secret of this well-known Five Star Spa Hotel Sternhagen lies in the successful combination of culinary delights and a first class wine list with a refreshing breeze from the North Sea.”
(Welt am Sonntag, 19th September 2004)
“There are three excellent restaurants, among them the “Sterneck”. Since 2003, the Maitre Markus Kebschull has been awarded with a Michelin Star. There is an impressive wine cellar featuring 540 varieties of wine from 15 different countries and also the “Duhner Spa”, a 850 sq m Wellness Resort. These are some of the reasons why the Spa Hotel Sternhagen shot to the top of the German Hotel Elite.”
(Cuxhavener Nachrichten, 28th October 2004)
"As a wellness oasis, Badhotel Sternhagen leads the field... one of the most beautiful wellness hotels in all of Germany is on course for further success."
(Cuxhavener Nachrichten, January 2008)
“A luxurious Spa.”
(Das Reisemagazin, 28th/29th October 2004)